Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Why, God? Why?

There are only two flavors I can't tolerate. As a result, I can and do eat just about anything (my omnivorous ancestors rejoice!).

These two intolerable flavors are 1) Coconut and 2) Melon (yes, all types of melon).

Hey, maybe I could do some research to discover that coconuts are a form of melon, and I can make my dislikes 50% more succinct.

I have an irrational fear that one day, suddenly and for no reason, all the food I eat will begin to taste like coconut. Just thought you should know.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:22 AM

    ew. especially the shredded coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are denying yourself:

    1) Thai curries
    2) Cherry Ripe and Bounty bars
    3) Any decent brunch
    4) Japanese Slipper cocktails (equal parts midori, lemon juice and Cointreau)
    5) lamingtons
    6) Too many other things to mention

    Crazy!

    Furthermore, I suspect that Freud would have a lot to say about your food fears, given the body parts generally euphemised as 'coconuts' and 'melons'.

    Tell me, how do you feel about figs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like melons, but agree that coconuts are indeed the devil's own food.

    Odd thing is I quite like coconut milk...just the texture of coconut I can't stand.

    ReplyDelete