Thursday, November 13, 2008

Name My Baby!

NaNoWriMo is going along well enough I suppose... As of this moment, I am about 5500 words behind (supposed to write 1667 words per day), which means I have written about 15,000 words of my novel. Not too shabby.

I'm having trouble coming up with a good title though. Trouble as in, I'm clueless. I'm too close to it. Then I remembered how many great suggestions you guys came up with the last time I needed title help (unsurprisingly, Kato the Great was the winner.)

It's that time again, I'm appealing to everyone's skills with wordplay - the winner gets huzzah's and acclaim on a blog with two readers. (Woo!)

Here's the synopsis:

For unknown reasons, a man begins losing time and regressing in stages to different points of his life. He remains the same physical age, but loses memories so that from his perspective , he's back to his 30's, back to his 20's, and eventually back to a childlike state.

His personal timeline was a very troubled one, doctors can't help, insurance won't cover him, so his teenage daughter and her boyfriend have a lot to deal with taking care of him and trying to solve the mystery.

7 comments:

  1. The Curious Case of < insert protagonist's name here >?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggestions:

    "Forward Into the Past"

    "Regression"

    "Time in a Bottle"

    "Time Flies Like an Arrow. Fruit Flies Like a Banana."

    "What Was Before Is Now Again"

    "Backronos"

    "All That Once Was"

    "A Life Too Short"

    "Beginning Again"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm:

    'Rewind'

    'Falling Behind'

    'Engram'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, cool! Thanks guys, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I too late?

    "Second Childhood"

    "Palindrome"

    "My Father Eats Paste"

    "Redneted"

    Ok, that last one was actually just the verification word for this comment, but I like the sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're not too late, Craig! Thanks!

    These are all great suggestions, folks! I really appreciate it.

    'Palindrome' is cool, but I worry folks will think its politically oriented...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:13 PM

    _Sudia_ (ehem, titles of books are underlined--can you tell I'm grading papers?!?).

    Like Craig, this is my word verifiaction . . . and a damn good word at that.

    A very improtant two readers, I might add.

    ReplyDelete