Sunday, November 23, 2008

NaNoWriMoooo

Yay! I just hit 38,516 words on my NaNoWriMo novella. I'm all caught up after spending the last two weeks a perpetual three days behind. I took Friday off from work, and the three day weekend was instrumental in my catching up.

I'm sorry to say that despite all of your wonderful suggestions, I still haven't met a title that jumped up and wow'ed me. I guess it's not the end of the world, as a publisher usually re-names a book anyway. Because you know, it's gonna be published. Suuuurrre it will.

I'm supposed to be at 50,000 words on Sunday, November 30th, and I have no doubt that I'll make it - but the book won't be done. It'll probably require at least 75,000 to 100,000 words, which means I need to keep plugging away until it's done.

A thousand words a day seems reasonable, right? Do-able.


1 comment:

  1. A thousand words a day is really easy...about 30 minutes work.

    However, a thousand GOOD words is (if you'll pardon the pun) a totally different story.

    Plus, if you're anything like me, you'll have days where you can write five or six thousand without breaking a sweat, and others were fifty can take you all day.

    Anyhoo, good luck!

    ReplyDelete