Sunday, June 28, 2009

New Template!

For a few years, I was very good about blogging 5 times a week, even if the day to day stuff was short, I wanted to post something. It helped that I was allowed to blog at work, I have to admit. And by 'allowed' I mean, no one was paying attention to anything I did as long as my work was done. These carefree days are over, unfortunately.

As is likely obvious from the clunky, amateur design, I made this new template from scratch - using the book "HTML, XHTML, and CSS for Dummies". It was a fun and frustrating process that took months of work, with moments stolen here and there. I just now pasted the template code into the 'W3C Markup Validation Service' and it spit out 292 errors and 46 warnings, so apparently I still have some work to do cleaning up the code.

For the most part, it seems to work correctly - for Internet Explorer. My PC had three different browsers installed and a variety of screen resolutions to choose from - but my PC died recently.

I've been using Cindy's PC for a few months now, and all I have to work with is IE in 1024 x 768 -- and Safari on my iPhone. It looks decent on both of these, though I'm sure I'll be doing some tweaking for the next few weeks. Let me know if there's anything especially wacky happening with the blog from your point of view.

Looking at the 'Etcher Approves' links at the left, it looks as if all I do is watch TV... I need to add music and books as well.

I'm hoping the new template will get me back into blogging more often. We'll see.

2 comments: