Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Libbys Libbys Libbys on the Label Label Label

Blogger labels...

I have a number of post series, such as the Real Life Conversations (check your local listings).

I'm up to 39 real life conversations, and if you click on the label link for RLC, you get the 20 most recent posts with that label (because in my dashboard, I have 'show last 20 posts' selected).

I wonder if there's a way to create an exception when it comes to viewing a labels result, since the frustrating thing is, once you've read the first 20, there's no way for the reader to go on to the next 20.

I could create a link within each RLC to an RLC master list page, where all the RLCs were listed one after the other in one post, or a post with links to each individual post, but I'm more interested in finding a fix for the labels.


3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what the difference is (I assume it's the standard template I'm using, but can't say for sure) but on my blog it always has a link for older posts and newer posts at the bottom. When you are looking at a label, those links show older and newer ones for that specific label. So, there is a way to do it, but I only have that option because it was automatically there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like craig said, there should be a newer/older link. It must not be in your template for some reason.

    Additionally, you can hack your template to show more items than the default 20 on a label page. If you add the string:

    ?max-results=100

    where 100 is a number of results (it could be 15 it could be 50, whatever) it will change the number of posts returned on that label page. If you want the links for your labels to use this, you have to hack your template to include that little bit extra in the url.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    I edited the template from its original state, so it's likely I removed the newer/older link in the midst of editing something else.

    Kato - I'll try your fix, thanks!

    ReplyDelete