Monday, December 21, 2009

Dying since the day they were born

The human brain is an amazing piece of wetware, with a storage and bandwidth capacity that’s difficult to calculate even with current technology.

Something that concerns me about the status of my own bandwidth - earworms.

Songs get stuck in my head constantly – and all I have to do is read a list of titles for it to happen. I was researching songs that were popular in 1993 and 1994 for a flashback scene I was writing.

When I got up the next morning, I was humming ‘Stay’ by Lisa Loeb, even though I did not reference the song in my story – my eye simply skimmed across the title the day before.

Take a good look at these two links/song lists, and let me know if any related earwoms end up attacking you over the next couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. It becomes more like a musical montage for me, although I am not jonesing to listen to 90s music :-P

    ReplyDelete