Monday, December 14, 2009

A New Low in Pranking

I've been thinking how nice it would be to own my own business, something Cindy and I could do together. She likes to sleep in and I like to be up and active early, so our shifts would occur naturally.

We love animals but aren't the sort who could be vets - I don't think we would deal well with sick little critters. So how about a pet hotel? About once a year, we put Lina the kitty up at a great local 'Pet Resort' called All About Cats and Dogs. They have a good facility and Lina always comes home in fine shape.

So I started imagining how I would design a pet resort of our own. I would have web cams in each enclosure, so the owners could log in and see stored and live footage of their little bundle of love while they are away.

And hey, how about phones built into each enclosure which would be set to 'auto answer', allowing the clients to call in and chat with the pet while watching them on the web cam? How sweet would that be? (Would the pets be soothed or frustrated by hearing their owner's voices?)

This line of thought led me to pranksters - some jerks who might log on to the site and call in with some harsh language: "Bad dog! Bad dog! VERY BAD DOG! Go lie down!!" and the poor dog is cringing and whimpering and spinning in circles, looking for somewhere to go.

Awful!

As a result of this mental exercise, I realize there will need to be some sort of phone password for clients to use, good only for the duration of their pet's stay.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm.....Do you ever get the idea that maybe- just maybe- you have a bit too much time on your hands???

    LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!JK.

    ReplyDelete