Saturday, February 13, 2010

Race Day!

My first ever official 5K event went well this morning, it was cold but I managed without a hat or gloves. I ran the whole thing - my training told me I could definitely run the needed 3.1 miles, but you never know when a surprise cramp or twisted ankle is going to sabotage you.

I'm not really a runner, I don't read anything about running and this might be a cliche for all I know, but there was a definite sense of togetherness within the group of strangers I ran with. The sounds of panting, talking, laughing and feet padding on asphalt made me feel as if I were a part of a migrating herd - it was a good feeling.

I would definitely do this again, and I recommend it to others.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! So how did you place?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Place-wise, I don't know - I ran it in 35 minutes though! I think the extra few minutes is due to the crowd - I wasn't at the front of the starting line.

    ReplyDelete