Monday, February 01, 2010

Self Diagnosis

I've spent less time daydreaming lately, which means I've had fewer of my random ideas. I don't know if this is due to the many hours of podcasts I've been listening to. The podcasts are like documentaries, which means I'm paying attention and following along as compared to half-listening to music while my mind wanders.

Maybe I'm distracted by the uncertainty of our current situation - whether Cindy will stay in her current career or take some time off to discover something new and whether we'll be moving or staying here in central Florida.

It's probably a combination of many factors.

(Speaking of podcasting, Cindy and I ran a test on Saturday night connecting both of our phone headsets to her iPhone using a splitter and recording some sample audio - I uploaded the file to the PC and discovered it's pretty darn clear and good quality, considering it's just a phone doing the work of connecting both of us - I was expecting that one of us might have good quality while the other did not. Now all we have to do is research our first topic!)

3 comments:

  1. Your podcast sounds like fun!!! Paulius and I would do something like that, but I'm afraid with his British accent and my Southern accent, no one would be able to understand a thing we said.
    Can't wait to hear your podcast.....and have you decided what the first topic will be???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd personally recommend spending thirty bucks or so on a USB microphone and recording directly to a laptop.

    The sad truth is that a LOT of people will turn off a new podcast if they hear just a little bit of mic hiss.

    Plus, it's amazing how much more 'professional' a recording will sound when you can mess with the EQ a bit and drop in a music bed and the odd stinger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny - the podcast should be fun, yeap! (If Cindy ever gets her butt in gear to do her research).

    To get her interested, I chose her favorite subject - Books!

    Paulius - Good advice!

    ReplyDelete