Sunday, October 17, 2010

Newspaper Run

Early Sunday mornings I drive - not run - to the local Kangaroo gas station and quickie mart to get the Sunday newspaper for the much clipping of coupons. Two papers, actually. $3.00 is well worth it.

Michelle does a better job exploiting the coupons than I knew was possible - it seems if you play your cards right, stores will pay YOU for the privilege of taking stuff off the shelves and into your home.


Anywhoo - I always spot this sign for Mary's Cuban Kitchen, and I cannot help thinking that 'Pasteles Y Cake' is a local Cuban folk band made up of forty-something Moms.

Maybe the band performs every Saturday night and is a big hit in the community. Once they even solved the mystery about those unpleasant people from that place that one time (it's safer if you don't know).

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Good pic!

    Thanks for heading out in the morning for me. It's definitely Fall, you can tell by the lighting!

    ReplyDelete