Thursday, June 14, 2007

"Enthusiams." - me as De Niro as Al Capone

I'm not at all enthusiastic about pennies. Many a time, I've seen a penny on the ground and not deigned to pick it up. Like children, a penny on the ground is likely to be sticky.

A nickel... I also probably wouldn't bother with. While a nickel might not be sticky, it may well be tacky or gummy.

A dime, now. A dime I would pick up. You can actually buy something with a few dimes. A nickel? What can you buy with a handful of nickels? Why am I significantly and disproportionally more enthusiastic about dimes than nickels? I dunno.

A quarter? Hell yeah I'm gonna pick up a quarter, I don't care if it has blood and gore on it. Maybe it hearkens back to my Pac-Man days, but a quarter is like, part of a soda or a honey bun or a load of laundry, quarters is money.

2 comments:

  1. My desire for coins on the ground is directly proportional to their cleanliness. A shiny penny trumps a dark and soiled quarter any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found a grimey dollar bill by an ice cream shop just the other day--no Blood or Chocolate or anything . . .

    ReplyDelete