Monday, October 29, 2007

I'll take The Rapist for 1000, Alex

I drive past a kid who's fumbling with the broken chain on his bike, and I'd like to help, but I don't have any tools. And I'm headed to Best Buy to blow some cash. Plus, what if his parents came along? Would they think I was being helpful? Or trying to kidnap their kid?

I remember when I was liitle, wondering why adults didn't step in and help out more often. Once, when I was like 5 or 6 years old, I decided to pretend my legs were broken, and use my arms to drag myself along the sidewalk for about half a block. No one stopped to check on me. Would I stop if I saw a kid crawling along? Probably not.

2 comments:

  1. It's sad.

    Like the guy who found himself being questioned by police after someone saw him walking hand in hand with his daughter.

    This is why I hate all that crap on Fox News. It's made everyone so paranoid that no one helps anyone anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would I stop if I saw a kid crawling along? Probably not.

    Because you'd know he was just pretending! Just like you!

    ReplyDelete