Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A little light reading

I check mail in the mornings, since the mailbox is waaaay in the back of the apt complex, and I walk around the complex every morning anyway.

This morning I received my gift-that-keeps-giving magazine subscription from last XMas, the latest issue of Wired. It was spitting rain, so I bent the mag in half and tucked it under my arm.

Early-morning commuters were getting into their cars to head to work (ere daybreak, the poor fools) and driving past me on their way to the freeway.

In my shorts and sleeveless shirt, with the magazine tucked under my arm, I was suddenly embarrassed - it felt like I was taking a long walk to the bathroom, and everyone knew...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:29 PM

    you weren't wearing slippers now were you?

    ReplyDelete