Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Paging Doctor Girlfriend...please pick up a white courtesy phone...

While no one mistakes me for a woman over the phone, I've never felt that my voice is as deep as it should be. If I'm meeting or interacting with manly men types (mechanics, plumbers, pro quarterbacks) I find myself putting on a deeper voice, getting into man-mode or some shit.

I have to wonder - maybe most guys don't have that deep a voice either, they just started putting on a fake deeper voice in their teens, never stopped, and now they think it's their real voice.

Maybe I need some deep voice gas?

4 comments:

  1. Do men REALLY do that much posturing? Do they really think about making their voice deeper?
    And does the deepness of a guys voice make him any more manly- and if so then in guys eyes? or in womens?

    Ach.....you make me THINK too much MC! It makes my HEAD hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to be a bubble burster, but my voice broke when I was about 8 years old, and then AGAIN when I was 11...and I hated it.

    With schoolkids, it doesn't matter what the actual difference is, they're going to make fun of it, and I ended up making jmy voice deliberately higher for a year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:15 AM

    Dude! I've been noticing men with deeper voices lately . . . glad to see our minds still have an occasional meld.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paulius, you're saying that in your experience, guys DO put on a fake voice to better fit in? How does that burst my bubble?

    ReplyDelete