Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Good Griefenzie

Speaking of R-E-S-P-E-C-T...

We passed by a church yesterday, and they had one of those re-arrangeable-letter-signs. They had spelled 'Respect' as 'Recpect'. Good Lord, do these people not listen to music? Who the hell doesn't know Aretha?

I remember when I was a wee grasshopper in knee-pants: "Don't worry, Mikie. If you're lost and you don't know how to spell 'respect', just think of Aretha, and the letters will come." (Sniffle!)

Which leads me to believe that the letter-hanger was a racist, who avoids anything resembling the Rhythm and Blues genre. TSK, sir or ma'am. TSK.
.
.

3 comments:

  1. Either that of church sign-hangers have changed their musical tastes from motown to hip-hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TSK, sir or ma'am. TSK.

    Or, indeed, TCK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, after I posted this, I considered the possibility that a cute little deaf girl was volunteering at the church, and helped them do the sign.

    No one would have the heart to correct her...

    ...and I am an ass.

    ReplyDelete