Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Howe Tis Mayde

I enjoy the show 'How It's Made' on Science Channel - except, I have to admit, for the original narrator, Brooks Moore, whose voice was grating and irksome. Sorry Brooks, but you should never again be allowed near a microphone.

I'd like to propose a History Channel version, with everything hand-made as it would have been in ye olden times. Period garb, period tools, etc.

Can you imagine something like a medieval tennis racket?

"Gather ye alley cats three, large females (any colour wilt suffice), an' drown them then in four pints of distilled crystal of alum. Gut ye then the cats whilt still warm..."

I'm not condoning cat drowning, of course. All the 'just wrong' stuff would be dramatized, not real.

Update: I just emailed the proposed tv show to History Channel. Watch your local listings.

No comments:

Post a Comment