Saturday, August 22, 2009

True Story

As idly as if it were an MP3 player, he pulled out his gun and put it on the table along with his receipts and cash for the day.

"Yeah man, I don't take any chances. I used to carry a Luger, but this is a lot lighter."

It was a small gun, and almost looked like a toy.

"Yeah man, they dragged Bob in the back there, duct taped his hands and pistol-whipped him."

"Jeez, some of these neighborhoods you work in!"

"No man, this was here. Your office. They came right in here."

"..." Blink. "...We don't even have a safe back here. Why? For the 20 bucks in his wallet?"

"Aw, man, you know, I think it was an inside job." He paused to let that soak in. "These days, everybody needs to carry a piece."

"I guess so. The things they don't tell you at the interview, huh?"

"Ha ha! Yeah man!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Note: This was re-posted from 2007. I had set it to a 'draft' status after it was posted for some reason, and I decided to put it back up.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:53 AM

    Wow:

    "..." Blink. "...


    That was awesome. Neat device. May need to steal it, I'm afraid. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:53 AM

    No. I'm not tell you who this is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :o)

    Only friends steal books or writing devices, Mojo.

    ReplyDelete