Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Actually. For Real. In Fact.

I've been running job searches using Indeed.com lately, and they have a feature that I have not seen on other job search sites - you can type in quite a few keywords to exclude. Finally!
I was on the phone with XM last night, waiting on hold to cancel my subscription, and I just kept searching and excluding words until the keyword field filled up - it actually accepted a lot more words than you would expect.

Here's my list of exclusions - it takes a list of 1,254 jobs and turns it into a list of 313. The list isn't as streamlined as I would like - it only works on whole words, so if I want to exclude 'Sales Opportunity' and 'Salesman', I have to use each term separately - but it's still a good feature.

telemarket lube sale society labor shands machinist server spray clinical cheese truck marketing patroller underwriting underwriter OB GYN execution tax mechanic satellite installation scientist pharmacist electrician groomer orthopaedic choir urology pathologist therapist therapy pepsi installer babysitter officer goodwill account sitter nanny ironworker jiffy rehab pizza kmart army oDesk RN licensed certified avon steak spanish nurse

1 comment: