Thursday, February 07, 2008

Damn it, why did I promise them donuts?

About to be late for morning department meeting, unless there is a fortuitous fluctuation of the timestream, just enough to get me there on time but not enough to rend the space/time continuum in twain. But real quick-like...

Have you heard of the recent series of 'mysterious' severing of multiple undersea telecommunications cables?..News

If I were a suspicious man, I'd say someone (likely an evil government bent on world domination - my money is on the U.S.) had a handy little ROV with a big pair of snippers on one end.

I'd say we ran a series of supercomputer simulations to predict the outcome of the loss of each cable, then cut them one at a time to correct any errors in our simulation. See, when the day comes that we decide to cut these cables again, we have to be sure our overseas embassy's or military networks aren't effected. It's what I would do.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment