Monday, February 19, 2007

But not in a good way

A while back, I'd mentioned enjoying the Classic Orange..flavored Crystal Lite, but not so much enjoying the grit that settles to the bottom, making the last few sips... shall we say - less than fresh.

It be Negative Fresh. If you hit someone with a pitcher of the grit in an RPG, it would be The Cursed Pitcher of Grit: -5 to Freshness (as a Charisma modifier?)

Since I have far too much free time, I decided to make a whole pitcher of the Classic Orange gritty beverage and then strain it... Through a paper towel for some reason, even though I have about 100 coffee filters on hand. I forgot I had them, frankly.

I have to say, in the less gritty version the orange flavor was definitely diminished - that grit must have very necessary flavor crystal technology. Also, there was a troubling Bounty aftertaste. I wonder if Brawny would be any better?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure which is funnier, that you filtered it or that you came up with a way to use it in an RPG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handy Powdered Drink Mix Tip # 2654:

    When faced with those difficult to dissolve mixes, make with boiling water, stir well, then put in the fridge to chill.

    On a side-note, I can't believe I can't buy fruit cordial in the south. Think kool-aid in liquid pre-sweetened form. Just pour a small amount into a glass and top up with water.

    ReplyDelete