Thursday, August 23, 2007

Remember?

Did you guys ever play with rub-on transfers growing up?

I think it was the very early 80's... You had a preprinted background scene, and then something like wax paper with colorful art of little characters, equipment, explosions, and so on.

You'd find your desired background location, and then rub a pencil on the opposite side of the art, transferring it to the background.

Hee hee! This guy is sneaking up on that guy! Oops, this guy is about to slip and fall off the cliff! Wow, this guy went flying from the explosion, he's in pieces!

I remember playing with a The Empire Strikes Back .version, and having a grand old time. Do they still make these sorts of toys? I haven't seen them, and I tried Googling it, but mebbe I'm using the wrong terms.

This
is the closest thing I can find.

3 comments:

  1. *giggles*
    I did and i LOVED them....wanna hear something kinda sad and weirtd at the same time?......I have some rub-on transfer tattoos in my junk-drawer NOW!

    Really pretty ones too. And yes- every once in a while I do put one on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when these rub-on transfer thingies came free in boxes of cereal. I don't think they were Star Wars ones though, otherwise I would have had a joy aneurism around the age of ten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the reason why you can't find them now is that they've been replaced with newer and dare I say better technology, in the form of reusable vinyl stickers or interactive computer programs.

    ReplyDelete