Monday, March 08, 2010

Cardiologist Appt Today

The appointment went well, we asked a long list of questions. I audio recorded the whole thing, because you can never jot notes as quickly as you'd like.

Most importantly, they won’t know if Cindy needs any implanted devices or invasive procedures until they’ve had three months of monitoring on her current medications – they will reassess at that point. They signed a form which gives her the next few months off from work (luckily she will get full pay from her company during this time).

We found out she can and should have light exercise, that we should feel no pressure to move from our second floor apartment to a first floor one (we might move anyway… Lake view? Patio? Vaulted ceilings?). Thanks to my Army brat upbringing, I’m ready to move every two years and it’s been four years. I'm itching to move, even if to a different apartment in the same complex.

I mentioned my frustration with the blood pressure monitors, and they suggested that if I bought a manual cuff, they will teach me to use it at the next appointment, which will be in April – so that’s cool.

All in all, good information, good appointment – many questions were answered.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Cindy is on the mend. Thinking of you guys and sending positive vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete