Friday, March 05, 2010

Grumble

The hardest part of Cindy's condition is not knowing exactly what the condition means for her, for me, and our lives together.

They discharged her with two or three pieces of paper, not the five DVD's full of PDF's I was hoping for.

I have a million questions - what is a person's life expectancy when they have CHF? Should she be exercising at all? Should we forget about having kids? Should I buy her a wheelchair? A Segway? Should she plan to keep her job? Look for less stressful work? Plan to end her work career now and spend the rest of her life on disability? What should she be eating - low sodium, obviously but beyond that?

I can find many answers online, but I'm no doctor and how would I know if an answer is applicable to her exact condition? We have an appt on Monday morning - I hope for his sake the doctor has booked us out for a few hours.

3 comments:

  1. We understand completely........we do.
    Hope all goes well with your appt with the Doc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy, just thinking about you and Cindy. Hope you get the answers you're looking for. I'll keep visiting here for updates, so as you have info, please share. We send positive thoughts and vibes of good health from roughly northward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:21 AM

    You should get a 2nd opinion from the Cleveland Clinic. They are #1 in heart conditions. Princes from other countries fly here just to be seen at the Clinic. Yari's brother in law was told that only 45 percent of his heart was working (in GA) and he came here and was told that he would NOT need a transplant after all. Something to think about...
    Brat-1

    ReplyDelete