Monday, March 15, 2010

Nom Nom Nom

In our quest to devour less cholesterol, we’ve switched from normal eggs to egg whites in a carton. I’ve been pleasantly surprised that these eggs are just as tasty as real eggs (since they are real eggs).

The only caveat is that since the white goo has no yolk (as was the plan) that the end results (scrambled eggs, french toast) are so anemic they don’t look like real eggs. A few drops of yellow food coloring has solved this problem very nicely!

For some reason, I had to learn the hard way that egg white goo will not work for ‘eggs in a basket’, since this dish is all about the yolk. Duh.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, and it's amazing what you can get used to. When I had to give up sugar, my first sip of sugar free coke literally left me reeling and thinking I could never drink it.

    Now, I have to get Sunny to taste my drinks in restaurants to make sure they ARE diet... and regular sodas just taste WAAAAY too sweet...and this is from a guy who used to put five spoons of sugar in his coffee.

    ReplyDelete