Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Reconsidered

They’ve probably been on the market a good twenty years, but I just ‘discovered’ floss picks.

I like the small form factor, but the fact that they’re disposable troubled me - why not make the handle out of some heavy duty ceramic and the ‘floss’ out of some very fine and durable metal wire? Then you only need one per person, and they last forever!

Apparently you are to use a new pick each time to minimize reintroduction of bacteria into your mouth, but how about a copper wire? Copper has natural antimicrobial properties!

I was merrily flossing away with one of these picks, imagining that I was using one of my own sturdy design…When I got the little bastard stuck!

No matter what I did, I could not work the floss free – only a careful snip of our kitchen cut-all scissors (ick) allowed me to escape. So in the end, I’m glad it wasn’t metal floss after all – I don’t want wire cutters anywhere near my mouth.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen those a LOT in the past year....mostly where ppl use em and then drop em on the ground whereever they are standing when they finish. It's worse than cig butts!!!! GROSS!!!

    ReplyDelete