Friday, April 16, 2010

Poppy Goodness

Over a year ago, my sister gave me an ear of popping corn - Uncle Ozgood's, to be specific.

The ear sat in my cupboard so long because it was with the oatmeal. I only spotted it while I was preparing breakfast, which meant that Cindy was either sleeping or half-asleep, and in no mood to enjoy popcorn popping right off the cob.

Finally I remembered the cob one evening. You're supposed to use the paper bag that comes with the cob, but what's the fun in that? I plopped the cob in a glass bowl and let the microwaves bombard it like some sinister Soviet Military Cold War test. It was really fun to watch the kernels bursting right off the cob, though there was a lot of steam which made it harder to see.

I can honestly say this was the most entertaining two minutes I've had with a microwave since I discovered what happens to marshmallows when you 'nuke' them.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:03 AM

    Sweet! I still have mine sitting in my cupboard too! How funny!
    Brat-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:29 PM

    So, what happens to marshmallows when you 'nuke' them?

    I haven owned a microwave in years, mind control issues....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laziest Girl7:43 PM

    This is awesome! I've never seen popcorn like this and Iove that you got excited too! Shall I use another exclamation mark? Hell yeah!

    ReplyDelete