Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Problem: Solved.

I like our little netbook for its portability, even if it is a bit pokey in the processor department (1.6GHz). One problem with using it on my lap is the angle. The screen doesn't tilt back quite far enough.

I needed something to prop up the front edge a bit.

Something textured and rubbery on one side (to grip the smooth plastic bottom of the netbook), and cloth on the other side (for to caress my delicate thighs).

But WHAT? I began furrowing my brow, that deep furrow that tells The Good Lady Wife that I am either plowing to sow butternut squash or thinking up some half-baked scheme.

I could use some of the rubbery shelf-liner that I find so useful, and sew or glue on some cloth... Perhaps an old towel? Wait, this is heading in a cheap and cheesy direction; I don't want to have to hide the thing every time we have company.

And there's always the concern to be considered by any conscientious inventor (I'm sure you know what I'm about to say - we've all been there) - any conscientious inventor wants to be sure whatever we invent can't be mistaken for a sex toy.

Inventing sex toys is fine, but you don't want to confuse anyone. A 'Violet Ultra Wriggler' is great and all, but you shouldn't have to do a double-take as you're fumbling around in the dark: "Is this my 'Violet Ultra Wriggler', or my 'Laptop-Propper-Upper'?"

In the end, I used a slipper. Works great, and sexual confusion concerns are minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment