Monday, November 06, 2006

A bit of historical insight

I had yesterday off, which meant it was a perfect day for many hours spent NaNoWriMo'ing. But I just wasn't in the mood to sit at my desk for hours on end.

Instead, I scrubbed the whole house from top to bottom, washed linens and towels, shined my shoes, cleaned out my closet, (and would have cleared out the garage, if only we had one).

So - in answer to all the anthropologists still wondering about the cultures who are into megaliths - like pyramids, henges, Moai - there's a simple answer:

They were just procrastinating NaNoWriMo.
.

3 comments:

  1. (slapping hand to forehead)

    Whodathunk?

    Now whats up with Area 51?

    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you think it took so long for the printing press to be invented?

    Off topic, the best thing about those giant heads (Moai) on Easter Island (Rapa Nui) is they used to have, I kid you not, little red stone "hats" on top that kinda looked like fezes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too true, Kato! Their little hats are the cutest of any monolithic hats I've encountered.

    ReplyDelete