Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Soo doo what now?

At work, we're allowed to pick a pseudonym if we don't want to use our real name when dealing with customers - this doesn't mean we can use a different name each time - the name must be approved, noted by management, and you must use it consistently.

I'm fine with my first name, but my very simple last name is too tricky for most people - they get confused, stumble, and assume there's a silent Q in there somewhere. Most folks usually pronounce it as "Kur-Lick-Oh".

I'm thinking about a nice and easy one syllable pseudonym surname. Something like *Mahasamatman.

~~~~

*10 Points to whoever can tell me the source of this name.

4 comments:

  1. I'm partial to: Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. source of the name...sounds like sanskrit or pali. Could me translated as most honorable soul. My guess.

    I suggest a pseudonym like Gandhi's butler..Mahatmacoat...

    wakka wakka

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the same source as "Mahasamatman", perhaps you could claim "My name is Legion".

    As in, "My name is Legion. Bob Legion, from Accounts."

    Failing that, I've always had a soft spot for "Chip Rockett, Space Pilot of Tomorrow".

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Mahasamatman" is probably historical, but I first saw it used in books by Roger Zelazny, so Heather and Blandwagon get 10 points each!

    ReplyDelete