Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Welcome Home!

Recently we had to leave the cat overnight at the kitty dental surgeon, as she had two cracked teeth that needed extracting.

It was so weird to come home and not have her here, not have her greet us as the door with an inquisitive "pbpbbb?" The place seemed too empty.

I came to realize just how often I think about the cat - every time I go to get up from my desk chair, open or close a door, or dash through the house to get the phone - I'm constantly refreshing my Cat Status data. And if an hour goes by and she hasn't come to check on me, I go and check on her, and give her a little chin-scratch.

Even in bed - Cindy's toes are constantly in motion, dancing to to some rhythm of nervous energy, and it gets them pounced on by the cat - often at 3am. Cindy is off today and sleeping late, and when I went in to snuggle briefly, she stretched, her toes popping out from under the covers.

"Where's the cat?" She asked.
"On the dresser, she's sleeping."
"Good."

She came home with a little patch of the fur on her right front leg shaved (for the IV) and needed pain reliever (liquid) administered once a day for three days, and antibiotics (teeny pill) twice a day for a week. Cindy was able to get the cat to open right up for her pill, and all I got was hissing and some mournful meowing. It's been a few weeks, and she's all better now!

Welcome home kitty, we missed you!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww- thats so sweet.......I wish i felt the same way about Leonard. He's turned into adolecent from hell for some reason.

    Why can't someone somewhere breed a cat who stays small and sweet like a kitten thru it's entire life?
    I'll be the first in line to get one when they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:49 PM

    dude. totally syncratic:

    seconds before checking your blog, Zizek whined, meowed, pounced on my lap, stared me straight in the eye. Knowing what he wanted, food, I returned his gaze deeply and replied, "I'm not your slave."

    Ok. Not the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leonard spent the night in his cat carrier for ripping open a trash bag, sharpening his claws on the carpet and couch and jumping on the desk and knocking a ton of stuff over.

    So this morning, I let him out...and he ran right to the trash bag, started to rip into it...and when I took a step towards him, he ran into the living room, sharpened his claws on the carpet...and jumped on top of the fan, knocking it over.

    we even tried using a spray bottle...but if you point it at him, he just squints, waits for you to squirt him...and then carries on with whatever he's doing.

    Long story short...he's a little bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, guys! If Lina behaved like Leonard, she'd be living (or not) at the pound right now.

    ReplyDelete