Saturday, May 13, 2006

Don't Blog Exasperated (like, don't drive angry)

All right. I've had enough time to let the reality soak in - I know that I'm not going to wake up and say "Wow, you won't believe the horrible dream I just had".

First, some background for context - we'd been planning to move to Florida for the past year or so, to be closer to Cindy's family in the Tampa/Orlando area. We were making plans, saving money, and researching the Florida destination online.

One day, we got the news that the store Cindy managed in Los Angeles would be closing in 60 days. It was probably 4 months ahead of our planned moving schedule, but hey - it was a kick in the pants to get us on our way.

Unfortunately, the only store in Florida with the right opening was in Miami. (About 5 hours drive from the area she wanted) But hey, it's still Florida and she would be 3000 miles closer to her family. The move to the Tampa/Orlando area would be much easier than the cross-country move. Fine.

So we moved - the biggest pain in the ass of my short life.

Last Sunday, just a few short hours after we finished unloading the U-Haul, Cindy called her new store to check in, and say that she wanted to stop in to meet the staff. Her District Manager was there, and had some bad news for her...

Her new store would be closing in 60 days. Less actually, since the news had arrived while we were driving cross-country.

Yeah. So odds are very good that we'll be moving again very soon - and it might as well be to the Tampa/Orlando area, even if it means she takes a position she's not as happy with...

I have to say, the news has really sapped my enthusiasm for unpacking.

9 comments:

  1. Wow. I am so sorry to hear that news and can sympathize wit you guys.

    If you are planning to move again that soon- it's not worth unpacking- believe me- I KNOW.

    I am a firm believer that all bad things happen so you can get to a better place in your life. Just hang on to that thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch.

    That's all I can think to say.

    Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made the blog rounds in a while... and when I clicked on your link the first thing I planned to ask you was.. how did the move go? - Sorry to hear that things didn't work out as planned with the new store... I've moved so many times since 1995 it isn't even funny - and so I can sympathize with you completely. I hate moving.

    The best to you both though - and who knows... maybe things do happen for a reason and something bigger and better will be waiting for you in the new place.

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you can look on the brightside. Your leaving Miami for the land of the mouse. That just really sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's with Milhouse in the picture? He looks like the elderly Estonian midget in a blue wig.

    Oh, and sorry to hear about the job farce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story puts some serious road-blocks in my quest for sense in the universe. If I lived closer, I'd be there to help you re-load that U-Haul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awful. I wish I could say something more eloquent than, "Sorry. That sucks.", but that really sums it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn, that sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No SHIT?!?!


    Is that legal??

    ReplyDelete