Saturday, August 28, 2004

I'm a Big Dope

All right, so I messed up the computer at home. I was trying to show Cindy the game I'm working on, so I brought home a disc and tried to install it. The installation failed.

However, somehow it locked out my desktop.I have no taskbar/start button, no desktop icons, nothing. Right clicking on the desktop will not bring up the display properties dropdown.

Nothing. I can ctrl alt del and use explorer to navigate. Everything works fine - except the desktop. I deleted the desktop.ini that the game installed... Still no luck. I checked Microsoft's web site and they just suggest uninstalling the troublemaking app. Problem is, there is no uninstall. I already deleted the folders, but whatever locked out the desktop is a part of stored settings now.

I'm sure it's an easy fix, if you know what you're doing. I emailed Ed and asked for help, since he is the wise IT Master. Ugh I hate it when I do stuff that reminds me that I'm a big dope.

No comments:

Post a Comment