Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Cosmo the Space Probe!

Got to work early today - about 7:45. It was either stay late last night or come in early. I hates me some staying late! It's not the hours, it's the time. I look at the clock, and my brain says "I should be at home watching The Simpsons right now." and I lose all motivation to be useful.

Wrote up a few bugs today, though not as many as yesterday. We're waiting on a new build which I think is gonna be a long while coming.

I went to work with Michelle last night, she had to close down, count the money, all that fun stuff. We didn't leave her store until after 2am. Ugh! I'm glad this only happens at Christmas time. She works hard!

Didn't work out this morning or do anything useful since I had to work so early. Michelle is closing tonight, so mebbe I'll get something done when I get home from work. Still need more goodies for her Christmas! I've thought of another item, I'll probably get that tonight. All her items are kinda small, so hopefully she doesn't show up with huge boxes for me, cause hers are small (tho good!).

Thinking about the children's book about the space probe. It's about a deep space probe named Cosmo that is sent out by Earth, a very basic, clunky no-frills design. Cosmo is sent off to explore the universe and he enjoys that. Cosmo eventually gets lonely, and then meets another (alien) space probe going the opposite direction. They chat for a bit, then Cosmo is alone again. He's disovered by an alien race who study him and make an addition to his hardware to help him out, and send him on his way. Cosmo is encountered by a number of friendly alien races, and each one adds something.

...Cosmo gets faster engines, better computers, new sensing equipment for tasting colors and seeing music, and so on. Eventually Cosmo makes it back to Earth and it's been hundreds of years. The Earthlings don't recognize Cosmo and greet it as a new alien. Cosmo is happy to be home, but misses the stars, so they send him out again, this time with a friend to keep him company.

It's a cute idea and I'd like to do it. I need to finish all my other projects (and they are legion) before I start another one. The NaNoWriMo novel, Fiction Interactive.com, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment