Sunday, August 01, 2010

Grumble mumble... kids on my lawn...

I'm getting old, folks. I used to have four or five white hairs in my beard, and I would pluck them once a month or so. Over the past three months, a whole crop of white hairs have popped up.

The problem with plucking the white hairs is that I never manage to get the hair I want on the first try - my beard is pretty short, but somehow wily enough that I would almost always pull out a black hair or two before I would get the white hair I was going for.

I took a picture on my chin whiskers, then inverted the image to make the white hairs stand out. Good Lord, there are far more than I feared! I see at least fifty, and if I pulled two blacks for every white, I would pull a total of 150 hairs. That won't work for me. I don't see dying my beard - the flat black, dyed look seems so fake.

So it seems white-whiskerhood, here I come. At this rate, they'll all be calling me 'Grandpa' at work by December. I'll be able to get a Santa job at the mall without donning a fake beard. (Which is good, because I hate haggling.)

2 comments:

  1. My hair is more grey than white, and since January, my beard went from pure black to 50/50 black ad grey. I'm 29.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but I think guys are sexier with a bit of grey in their hair & beards...or completely bald on top with a beard and mustache.....and I think most women agree with me..unless they're under 21.

    ReplyDelete