Friday, August 20, 2010

Hey there, little fella!


Each of the pics I snapped of this tiny lizard came out a bit blurry thanks to his size and the fact that he's perched on the outside of the screen. The body alone is about an inch long, and he skittered around the patio window for a good twenty minutes, amusing the cat greatly.

Another thing I wanted to mention - for some reason with my iPhone4, the original orientation of pictures seem to be embedded into the file itself. So if a picture was taken 'upside down', then even if I rotate the image in Photoshop and save in a new orientation, when I import into Blogger, the picture is once again/still upside down.

The only way I've found to resolve this is to take a screenshot of the picture in the final orientation I want, paste into a new file, then save and import the new file. Any ideas, smart people of the internet?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an odd problem.

    Try opening the picture in photoshop, reorienting and then saving as a new file.

    If that doesn't work, try saving as a bitmap to clear all the embedded jpeg info, then saving the new bitmap again as a jpeg.

    It's a pain in the ass workaround, but it should work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! I'll give your suggestion a try.

    ReplyDelete