Friday, February 24, 2006

Credi-Bull #9

Credi-Bull - a news item that might be fact, or might be fiction.
.
Jay Jacobson, once a renowned cult deprogrammer from Flagstaff, Arizona has recently been charged with brainwashing in a case currently pending at the State Appeals Court.
.
It seems that Jacobson, now 53 - has 'found religion' after over thirty years of agnosticism. The case is focused on the fact that the religion that Jacobson found was itself considered a cult group - The Holy Children of the Immaculate Perception.
.
In a case that may end up at the U.S. Supreme Court, Jacobson is being tried for 'brainwashing' 127 college students from nearby Northern Arizona University, convincing them to sell their worldly possessions and join THCIP. "It was never a problem when I was helping people find Jesus." Jacobson claimed in a statement on Tuesday.
.
Real or Fake?
(Vote in the 'comments' section, answer to be revealed Monday).
.
Visit
Credi-Bull Central to read the past stories you may have missed!

7 comments:

  1. I'm always missing voting on these because I need time to think and by the time I decide and come back to post a guess, you've let us know the answer already. (Yes, I'm that indecisive.)

    To prevent that, I'm just going with a first instinct this time and saying fake. But it could be true...No, I'm still saying fake. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw something like this on CSI recently, and since that show just copies what it reads in the newspapers, I'm going with: real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, I do not watch CSI. I have nothing against it, but that's when Skeet Shooting With The Stars is on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would watch skeet shooting with the stars. Especially if we, the audience got to choose which stars stood in for the clay pigeons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 50-50 chance, so um, real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say real...but for the record - brainwashing has never been proven by the American Psychological Association or is it found in the DSM.

    Just for the record

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real or fake? Click here to find out!

    ReplyDelete