Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Launch - Like Brunch, But No Mimosa

I've had an account with Launch.com (internet radio) for a good six years now, and I've used it on and off at work since I got the account. I have the free version, which means I have to put up with commercials, but it's worth it. Or, it used to be.
.
Lately the commercials have gotten really repetitive, which is annoying enough, but they also don't apply to me. The frustrating thing is, Launch knows my settings and preferences, so I shouldn't be hearing the commercials that are playing, ad nausea. (sic)
.
"Hey there, Chief - you really should rate songs, it rocks, and helps us play the music you like!" (I DO - According to the rating tool, I'm not just a fan, I'm a zealot).
.
"Yo Yo Brotha! You really should create your own customized Launch Radio Station, they're like supa dupa fly!" (I DID, five years ago, and I'm listening to it right now, dipshit).
.
"What up, HomeDog? You should mark the songs you don't like as 'Never Play Again, so we won't! Word!" (I DO, constantly, but you don't listen).
.
The annoying thing is, the web site knows all this information. They could be playing ads for something I might actually buy. It's a waste of their time and mine.
.
Can anyone recommend a better internet radio site?

4 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about Pandora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW... Mmmm... Mimosa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, for commerical free music, I just load up my cheapo $40 mp3 player.

    Why not just use your iPod?

    If I'm going to be out for a while I just slap an audio book, a couple episodes of This Week in Tech and a good few songs on my Mp3 player.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pandora, ey? I'll have to check it out.

    My iPod - yeah, but I get tired of the same old songs so quickly! And researching for more songs is really time consuming - it can take hours of surfing iTunes to get a good handful of new music.

    ReplyDelete