Friday, June 09, 2006

Credi-Bull #13

Credi-Bull - a news item that might be fact, or might be fiction..

When playing, please avoid definitive answers like "I know this is true, I saw it on the news last night."..Instead, couch your vote as a "guess" - this will help ensure that everyone gets an unbiased chance to play!


The folks from Cyan Worlds and Ubisoft (who brought us the amazing Myst games) have begun work on a music-themed PC game set in the 1970's. Based entirely on 'The Eagles' album Hotel California, the game will feature all members of the band (for that album) - Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Don Felder, and Randy Meisner.

The story centers around the mysterious Hotel California, where the band arrives late one night seeking shelter from a storm. The hotel is a nexus of dark otherworldly forces, and once inside, the occupants can never leave.

The hotel itself is based on the architecture of the historic Hotel California in Todos Santos, Baja California Sur, Mexico - and is a network of secret doors and underground passages. Players will control each of the band members in turn, all with a ghostly puzzle of their own to solve - each song on the album being a puzzle.

The lyrics are the clues - such as these, for the master puzzle -
We are all just prisoners here / Of our own device / And in the master's chambers / They gathered for the feast / They stab it with their steely knives / But they just can't kill the beast / Last thing I remember / I was running for the door / I had to find the passage back to the place I was before / Relax said the nightman / We are programed to recieve / You can check out any time you like / But you can never leave...

Real or Fake?
(Vote in the 'comments' section, answer to be revealed there on Monday).

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, sounds a little close to 'Kiss : Psycho Circus'.

    You never know, but I'd say fake on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing its real. I happen to be a Myst FREAK and beta tested Uru a couple of years ago. What fun that was! So who cares if this is real or fake...I had a nice flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's real - You know I'd buy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great idea. I'll guess "real."

    ReplyDelete
  5. real. Only because I am a game idiot and I like to think someone would make something that won't make me ill to watch or play ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Real or fake? Click here to find out!

    ReplyDelete