Wednesday, June 14, 2006

No, I do not have the munchies

So you get some stylish rice paper, and you put a cut-out stencil of some words down on top of it - such as:

"Save the whales"

or

"Be My Valentine"

or

"Look - I'm sorry I slept with your sister, get over it already she wasn't that good anyway"

On top of the rice paper and stencil you put a row of mushrooms (stay with me, I'm getting to the point) and let it all sit overnight.

The next morning you remove the mushrooms and the stencil to reveal your message written out in teeny little mushroom spores.

How cool is that? It's like getting a romantic song played with an apologetic vocal intro by you, "Come back to me Veronica. That naked mole rat meant nothing to me." on a radio show hosted by Mother Earth herself. Hot damn!

Folks could fill out an EtcherCo online order form for their custom Mushroom Message - easy! You could even plant the message in soil, and under the right conditions you'd end up with a bouquet of fresh 'shrooms.

Bitchin.
.

5 comments:

  1. I've checked the closet, the dresser, under the bed.... found nothing to explain this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd call the police and leave if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The man is a genius - why can no one see?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going for more coffee, when I get back, this post had better be explained . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. nothing to explain, really - I just thought it was a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete