Thursday, June 29, 2006

I Should Learn to Love Gazpacho

I made a reflexive decision today during lunch.

I was sitting at my computer desk, as usual. I took a big gulp of my Campbell's Creamy Tomato(TM) soup, (which I usually allow to cool for about 10 minutes, so it is sippably delicious).

Usually.

My mouth screamed "SOUP TOO EFFING HOT!" and proceeded to spray tomato goodness everywhere.

In a desperate attempt to save the life of my defenseless laptop PC, I pivoted at the last possible millisecond, spraying the wall, my left shoulder and arm with "Soup, Too Effing Hot".

The computer is fine, though he did hyperventilate for a few minutes there.

As for my poor, frail human limbs.....Good thing I'm right-handed.

3 comments:

  1. I too burned myself today on an all-too-hot tomato bisque.

    I'm glad to hear your computer is okay. That was a close one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, that's almost as bad as when you swallow a bit of piping-hot food, and it gets stuck on the way down...leading to that mad dash to the fridge for something cold to drink.

    ReplyDelete