Friday, August 04, 2006

Bill, NO! It's not true!

IMDB is, as you probably know - The Internet Movie Database. We've gotten into the habit of having an IMDB window open as we watch Movies and TV - there's always someone mysterious in the cast - one of those "Who is that guy? He's so familiar..."

So it's no surprise that as we watched the new BBC program
Hustle (airing on AMC, rather than BBC America for some reason...) we said "Who's that girl?".

We meant Jaime Murray - an actress with an interesting look and more than a little sex appeal. So we looked her up: "Daughter of Bill Murray, currently lives in Essex..."

Just then there was a huge clap of thunder right over our heads, and pebble-sized hail began pelting the windows. We did the prudent thing - unplugged all our electronics and waited.

"She's Bill Murray's daughter."

"What? No."

"Really!"

"Wow, ok."

After the storm, we forgot about researching Jaime further. But it haunted me. Bill Murray? Bill Murray of Stripes, Ghostbusters, and Lost In Translation? Jaime's dad? It didn't feel right.

No WAY!
.
In the shower - "How could Bill Murray have such a gorgeous daughter? He's not an attractive man. Talented, to be sure, but not handsome."

In the car - "How could Jaime be Bill Murray's daughter? How?"

In line at the grocery store - "Bill Murray's daughter? No. Did they have paternity tests in the 70's? I'll bet her mother lied. God! All these years, Bill Murray has dutifully been sending those child-support checks to Britain, and for what? She couldn't possibly be his daughter."

Bill needed to know. I would send Bill a letter. But first I needed to do some more research. I didn't want to come off like a wacko. I needed proof. Maybe even a sample of her DNA. First, let's double-check the IMDB listing, shall we...

"Jaime Murray is daughter of Billy Murray, who is best known for his role in EastEnders."

I felt a mix of "HA! I was right!" and "Boy do I feel stupid.", which is a pretty typical state of mind for me. I'm just relieved for Bill Murray. I was worried about him.

3 comments:

  1. Just point one thing out?

    Steven Tyler, Liv Tyler.

    Ugly men can have attractive daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Paulius. Yet, uh, Jaime is mannish.

    ReplyDelete