Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Slipping into neutral

Let's say you're busy working away on your own, and something happens to distract you. It could be a phone call, or someone stopping by your desk with a stack of papers and a few questions - but something has broken your internal rhythm.

As people transition back into their internal focus, they often make a sound - usually the same one every time. It could be an 'ahem', a 'sniff', or many other noises.

What sound do you make when shifting mental gears?

4 comments:

  1. Mines the sound of the wrapper on a chocolate bar tearing.

    I welcome interuptions.
    ;-)
    ************************

    Seriously, I clear my throat and push my glasses back on my nose....
    THEN I tear the wrapper..

    ReplyDelete
  2. long frustrated sigh. then, like miz s, the sound cheezits make on my molars . . . perhaps you have discovered the real root of america's weight problem . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a sigh for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A loud mumble that says something along the lines of "leave me alone!"

    ReplyDelete