Friday, August 25, 2006

it violated my tongue, it did.

In the olden days, there was Tech TV. This was Tech TV before it became the debased, crank-sniffing junkie that we know today as G4.

One of the my favorite segments on Tech TV was "Don't Buy This", where they featured a particularly crappy gadget, and described all the reasons not to buy it. Beyond the insight on that specific product, you gleaned ideas to judge future products you might buy.

In that same spirit, I give you Southern Tsunami Miso Soup.

Don't Buy This. Oh my dear lord, do not buy this. The smell alone compelled me to pour it in the sink, untasted.

Granted, it's my own fault for buying Just Add Water Miso Soup. It's also not encouraging that it is made in Chicago, IL. Not that Chicagoans can't make quality products, but a traditional Japanese soup is not one of them. This is the same law of nature which insists that quality picante sauce cannot be made in New York City.

For any of you that have not known the pleasures of Miso Soup, I suggest you get your ass to the nearest Japanese restaurant and order a few gallons. It's truly wonderful. I'd describe the flavor, but it would take far too long. It's delicious, sublime, and soothes the soul.

2 comments:

  1. Instant stuff sucks, especially when it's not made in its country of origin.

    I made the mistake of buying Curry powder over here. What I got was "Mouth-scalding, taste-free Powder"

    Never tried Miso soup though...Now I'm intrigued

    ReplyDelete