Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I Miss You Mort!

The first game I ever tested was 'Mort the Chicken', in which dozens of cute lil chicks are kidnapped from the farm by a race of extradimensional cubes.


Just before the portal to the other dimension closes, Mort bravely dives in to save the chicks - he must then rescue them all one by one from a variety of strange environments. It's a game best suited to 8-year olds, but it's wacky and odd and fun in its way.

I was thinking about Mort this morning, musing that I hadn't seen him in about 6 years, and that I really should own the first game I ever tested. I just ordered it from Amazon.

For our E3 booth that year, we had a giant Mort made out of fiberglass. After E3, he lived in the conference room - he was like 8 feet tall, 200 pounds, and was topheavy. He fell on several people, and it was funny. Oh Mort, you wacky chicken.

3 comments:

  1. I believe in the Big Book Of All Things Funny, "Giant Fiberglass Chicken" is on like the first page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:46 PM

    Kato's right, you know...it's the entry right before "People walking into things, then pretending nothing happened" and after "When cats make a mistake and fall over and stuff."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, people walking into things, that's never not going to be funny.

    ReplyDelete