Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Me no likee... me no sure...

As you probably know by now, THEY are redoing the original Star Trek series, replacing all the effects with computer animations. I don't really know that there's a need. It would have to be very well done not to ruin it. Cleaning up the footage is one thing, completely replacing it is another.

I was a huge fan back in Jr. High (this was before The Next Generation) and I just don't know if they can do it right. Look at the re-release of the Star Wars films.

They're re-recording the theme song, with new vocals. How do you write the vocals for something without words? "Aaa Aaa Aaaaaa a-a-a-aaaaaah"?

~~~~

Also, did you know that Gene Roddenberry wrote actual lyrics for the theme that were never used? Nonetheless, he got a royalty every time the song was played.

1 comment:

  1. My feelings on this are mixed too. It seems to me that if they do this, it's just going to look mish-mashed, because you'll have new effects with 40 year old tv footage.

    And you're right, how can you change the theme song? It's iconic!

    ReplyDelete