Monday, September 25, 2006

Maybe that one lady in the hat is still alive

Cindy has to get up before dawn for her job - such things should not be legal. I'm a good husband, and I fix her breakfast every day.

So this morning at 6am, I was watching a documentary on flying aces of World War 1.
Footage from so long ago always strikes me as bizarre.

This footage showed workers building the planes - women sewing up the cloth panels for the wings, men installing engines, and so on. It was 89 years ago, so if they were even 20 years old during filming, they'd be 109 now.

They all seem so industrious and lively, they had hopes and dreams and hobbies and secrets. But they're all dead. But there they are, moving and talking and puffing on pipes and it's just weird.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwww- such a good hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:59 AM

    Ok, I can't beleive I'm openly admitting it, but thanks to old black and white footage like that, I was 10 years old before I realised the world didn't used to be in black and white.

    ReplyDelete