Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another rousing breakfasty tale

I was boiling water for to make the oatmeals, and something on the burner's drip tray caught on fire (my sweetie does love boil-overs - dinner just isn't dinner without a boil-over).

The fire burned for a good minute, throwing up a fair bit of smoke. I prepared the hand towel for the inevitable smoke-alarm-alert-wavy-wave-waft.

Along with the smoke, tiny motes of burning boil-over rose up, like little flying creatures, lively little critters of energetic curiosity springing forth out of dinner debris in a flurry of spontaneous generation.

They burned out quickly, settling all over the kitchen as little specks of creamy ash, smearing everywhere like dirty little comets. They're so cute, I left them where they fell - I couldn't bring myself to scrub 'em off.

2 comments:

  1. A very poetic way of saying you nearly set your kitchen on fire :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and that "they were just so cute I left them where they fell- I couldn't bring myself to scrub 'em off" sounds more like it was to much trouble to clean up the mess they made so you left it o later.......or Cindy....whichever comes first.

    *shakes head in shame*....... tsk-tsk, MC.......
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete