Saturday, January 05, 2008

Chat Noir

Chat Noir (French for "Black Cat") is a sublime little Flash game.
..
The game is simplicity itself - no instructions are needed, no keyboard legend, no strategy guide. It's dots and a cat, what could be cleaner (from a game design standpoint)?

Even as I play, a big shiteating grin on my face, crushing on the programmers, wishing I could give them a big sloppy kiss and a friendly pat on the ass, I'm tickled by the simplicity.

At the same moment, I think of 10 variations that would make it more difficult and challenging, new levels, new directions, more layers. But then I remember its beautiful clarity, and I repent.

Play it, and try not to feel too guilty for winning.
.

1 comment:

  1. ack! you just said that 'cause i'd feel dumb! shame on you!

    ReplyDelete