Monday, January 07, 2008

Help, Internet!

I've been using iGoogle for the past few months to keep track of blogs, because all too often, people don't update, and I'd end up going to each blog, just to find out if there was a new post or not.

Unfortunately, when I started using iGoogle, I started reading the blogs from the iGoogle page, instead of navigating to the blog itself. I'd think of a comment to leave, but promise myself I'd post it later (which I never did).

So I want to find something better - something that will show me a list of who's updated, without showing me any actual contents. I know lots of you guys use RSS and other tools, so let me know what you think would work in this situation.

4 comments:

  1. I use Google Reader, but that has the same issue. It's pretty remarkable that I actually bothered to click through to leave this comment.

    Actually, I do think that Google Reader has an option (not sure if it can be enabled through iGoogle or if you have to use the actual GR page) that shows only part of the post or maybe only a list of titles. I'm guessing someone else probably has a better solution though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen some blogs that have a list of links to their blogging pals, and the list auto refreshes the order of the list, putting the most recent updater at the top - this might be a good way to go, if I knew how it worked...

    ReplyDelete
  3. why do you have to post a real post?

    what did your cat do today??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the Sage plug-in to Firefox. But in reading your post, I don't think it would solve your problem. I still get the preview and have to click in here (like I did for this one) to update. But one advantage is that my list of blogs that have been updated and waiting for me to read is still sitting over in the sidebar for me to get back to when I'm done with this comment.

    ReplyDelete