Monday, January 14, 2008

If Yoda owned a Dry Cleaners

Starch,.or no starch...There is no 'light'.
.
.
.
Over the past couple of months, I've been taking my work clothes to a dry cleaners near my work - it's really the first time I've used a dry cleaners regularly - every other visit was for 1 outfit, for a special occasion.

One of my shirts are made of a rather thick material, and when starched it turned into cardboard. My coworkers gleefully took the opportunity to tease me about my cottony body armor - - ha ha, indeed, ha ha - - all in good fun.

I decided to stop going to the cleaners (mostly because it involves just one more errand to run every week, and who needs that) and last night I tossed my work shirts in the washer for the first time in weeks. I hung them to air dry.

This morning, I pulled on my aka-body-armor shirt, and it was much softer, more like - I don't know - an actually comfortable garment - and it still had the creases in the sleeves, its collar still arched like an irked feline. When I got home from the grocery store, I threw it back into the 'dirty' pile for a rewashing. Will one more wash be enough to expunge its chemical fortitude? Tune in next week!
.

3 comments: